Ideas for Affording the Conference
Posted by nechc on April 3, 2011
Let me add:
1. Pray! God knows what you need.
2. Wear comfy shoes so you can visit every vendor you want.
3. Bring address labels- great way to get on the mailing lists you want.
4. Enter the raffles and door prizes! Now you have an excuse to stay till the end.
5. Take the nursing baby! You’ll do better if you aren’t worried.
6. Start with the Catholic Heritage Curriculum online conference. Now you know which speakers you really need to hear in person and which you won’t mind hearing on CD later.
7. Pay for your ticket as part of a Lenten/Easter/Mother’s day/Father’s Day gift to your family. A better Mom/teacher who is spiritually refreshed is the best gift for your family!
8. Look up the cost to put your children in a good Catholic school including uniforms, gas and fundraisers. For me that would be nearly $15,000 if I include High School. $500 in registration, sitter, gas and new books is nothing!
9. Worried about the kids at home? Hire a college education student! I came home to very happy kids, pictures of their day and projects they kept to remember their special day. I was not missed!
10. Pray again! Trust God. he loves your children more than you do and will make this work!
“The one that called you is faithful and He will do it!”
1 Thes. 5:24
St John the Baptist, pray for us that we may faithfully follow the calling God has given us in our Baptism and the Baptism of our children. Amen